Stirling Optical offers quality solutions for every prescription lens requirement. We have a large range of lens designs, materials and coatings. We have summarised the main points here but please contact us for more detail on our lens options.
- Standard single vision from £50
- Bi-focal from £60
- Budget Varifocal from £75
- Varilux from £125
Reflection Free Lenses
Spectacle wearers often see distracting reflections like the ones below. Reflection free lenses provide clearer, sharper vision with greater contrast, but are also more attractive and comfortable to wear. The multi-layer coating can reduce eye fatigue and will also make your lenses more resistant to scratches.
Anti-Reflection Coated lens.
Transitions lenses contain patented photochromic dyes which activate – or darken – the lens when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) rays from sunlight. When the UV light diminishes, the lenses fade back to clear. As outdoor light conditions change, the level of darkness adjusts, creating the right level of tint and allowing just the right amount of light to reach the eye. This action allows Transitions lenses to help protect your eyes from the light you can see – reducing glare, improving contrast and diminishing eye strain.
High Index lenses are used as an alternative to standard index lenses (1.5 index) when the required prescription would mean the lenses would be too thick using the standard material.
Mid-Index (1.59 & 1.60)
- Up to 30% thinner and 30% lighter than standard lenses.
- 1.59 index lenses are 12 times more impact resistant than standard lenses.
- 100% UVA and UVB absorption.
- Price from £48.
Super High-Index (1.74)
- Up to 50% thinner and 30% lighter than standard lenses.
- Thickness equivalent to 1.8 index glass lenses but three times lighter and 10 times flatter.
- 100% UVA and UVB absorption.
- Scotchgard coating as standard.
- Price from £128.
More Lens Options
- Tinted and Graduated tints on all types of lenses from a large colour range.
- Polarising Sun lenses - The premier tinted lens option.
- Sports tints and silver shadow available.
If you have any special requests please contact us with details and we will find the best solution for you.
We offer the full varilux lens range including personalised lenses that allow us to tailor the lens to your individual requirements giving you optimum performance. Click the link www.varilux.co.uk for full details of all Varilux lenses.
All of our Varilux lenses are covered by our 'non-tolerance' guarantee. This means that if you are one of the very small number of people who have problems adapting to varifocal lenses, then we will replace them with a suitable alternative.
- VDU Improved contrast and less glare means wearers can expect clearer vision with less eye fatigue.
- Driving At night, reflections from lights are kept to a minimum. During the day 'glare' from sunlight is also reduced, making driving safer and more enjoyable.
- Appearance The distracting mirror effect viewed by onlookers is virtually eliminated.
Over 90% of purchasers choose to buy reflection free lenses the next time they renew their spectacles and many of the higher index lenses come with the coating as standard.
- Fast Fade back - up to three times faster than other photochromatic lenses on the market.
- Virtually clear indoors.
- Uniformly tinted outdoors.
- Suitable for night driving.
- 100% UV protection.
For more details on transition lenses click www.gb.transitions.com.
Long sighted (+) people often find that the centre of their spectacle lenses are too thick.
Short sighted (-) people often find that the edges of their spectacle lenses are too thick.
- Up to 40% thinner and 30% lighter than standard lenses.
- Transparent 1.67 material giving improved clarity of vision.
- 100% UVA UVB absorption.
- Anti-reflection and Anti-Scratch coating as standard.
- Price from £80.
Glass lenses (1.8 & 1.9)
- Suitable for very high prescriptions.
- Excellent visual clarity.
- Glass lenses are more scratch resistant than plastic however there are safety considerations as the lenses can shatter.
- These are special order lenses, please ask for details.
- Prices from £180.
- Contact lenses from £14 per month
- Full range of soft disposable lenses
- 30 day continuous wear soft lenses
- Durable soft lenses for higher levels of astigmatism
- Rigid gas permeable contact lenses - can be used to correct ANY prescription